The Guest Bath Makeover

2:13 AM

After making over my moms middle floor half bath, I decided to tackle another one of the bathrooms in her house. The walls and the ceiling were painted with a orange beige color which made the room look small and gave off a nasty yellow light.
I decided to paint the walls and the ceiling white to make the bathroom feel larger and to eliminate the awful yellow lighting. I also painted the baseboards and molding with a fresh coat of paint.
I painted the walls Behr Marquee Ultra Pure White. Literally I just picked a can of the Behr Marquee paint in a Satin finish up off the shelf, no color mixing necessary. I did the same thing with the Semi Gloss paint which I also got in Ultra Pure White.
For the cabinet I got Behr Celtic Gray. I only needed a tester size to fully paint the cabinets which was awesome and saved me a lot of money. Its amazing what a little paint can do!

Before:

After:


Painting the walls and the ceiling a bright white really had a huge impact on the feel of the room. It looks much cleaner and larger than before and I couldn’t be more pleased with out it turned out!

The shower curtain is Cynthia Rowley and was purchased from Home Goods for only $16.99!
The next step to finish up this bathroom makeover will be to add a little color to the bathroom with some coral towels. I have yet to find some good towels, but I'll be sure to post an update on the bathroom soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts