The Hutch Makeover

4:09 PM

I'm really excited to share my most recent project with you mainly because I'm so incredibly pleased with the end result!!

So Jake brought me home this hutch from work the other day. He got it for free his work, which happens every now and then when someone wants only part of the piece of furniture he sometimes is allowed to take the unwanted piece home for free. So when he called and asked if I wanted a hutch for on top of my desk I said "yes! I can use it for something."

After looking at the hutch, I came up with the idea to turn it into a coat rack/ storage area where we can put our bags and coats when we get inside since we desperately needed something along those lines. 

Picture


I decided to paint the hutch and would later attach hooks along the bottom for coats and the shelving on the top would be perfect for our purses. I went with the concept of light colors to brighten our frighteningly dark house (which doesn't match at all) because I figured when I moved out I would be able to take all the furniture I had brought into the house and put it in my new place.

I chose Behr, Fresh mint as the base color and decided it would be really cool to do a nice subtle design on the doors to add a little something to it.


After disassembling the hutch and painting it I am more than pleased with the end result!!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts