Mother’s Day Paint Makeover Preview & Master Bedroom Makeover Plans

11:42 PM

So a week or two before Mother’s Day, I began painting my Mom’s living room. Unfortunately, work became very busy, and I wasn’t able to finish painting the room, and left it sitting half painted… oops. I thought it would be a nice gesture to finish the living room for my mom for Mother’s Day, and on top of that, paint a few other rooms in the house. Since the living room was pretty much complete and really just needed a little touch-up here and there, I figured it wouldn’t be too much to go ahead and paint the upstairs hallways and the master bath. I don’t want to reveal the rooms until after they are 100% complete, but here is a little preview of what I have been working on.
The room that started this whole project, the living room, is probably my favorite room transformation. After painting my room BEHR Billowy Down, I decided it would be the perfect color for the living room. The living room was repainted when we moved in to the house, so it wasn’t that god awful orange color that the rest of the house was painted in. However, the room was painted in a light yellow-greenish color that my mom thought was a good idea and didn’t realize how terrible that color was until after she saw how much better the room looked in Billowy Down.
 
The old color really just reflected light the wrong way.  With the new paint the walls looked much cleaner and the room looked much bigger.
IMG_2946
For the upstairs hallways I decided to paint the walls the same color as the living room BEHR Billowy Down — you should be able to tell by now that this is pretty much my new favorite color. Photos will be posted soon!
And in the master bathroom I chose BEHR Premium Offshore Mist PPU13-16. I am loving how the master bath turned out. I also plan to paint the cabinets in the bathroom, which are currently oak, white.
BEHR Offshore Mist PPU13-16
The plan is to paint the living room, the upstairs hallway, and the master bathroom 100% and then move on to painting the master bedroom.
Here is what the master bedroom looks like now…
Before - 25
Before - 14
Before - 16
Before - 17
The room is very small, but has awesome high ceilings. There are a good amount of things that need to change. First thing being the paint color. Right now the walls are an awful yellow beige.
 
Since the bathroom is directly connected to the room, I want to pick a color that will play off the color in the bathroom, BEHR Premium Offshore Mist. I originally really wanted to incorporate a light gray green into the house for my mom, whose favorite color is green, but then decided it might not work with the new bathroom color. Some of the colors I was thinking included BEHR MARQUEE Crystalline Falls,
Behr Marquee Crystalline Falls MQ3-51
BEHR Waterfall mist W-D-510
 
So while I finishing painting the living room, upstairs hallway, and master bathroom, I will contemplate the color for the master bedroom. Going back to the living room, here is a little preview of some addition made to the living room. It doesn’t look quite like this anymore, but the new paint color is the same.
Projects 3 - 19

Before
Before
1902897_679667748808618_6503620779553933334_n
After

It looks even better with the new wall color! Stay tuned!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts