Beautiful Light and Airy Pink & Blue Living Room

10:21 PM


I usually say I do not like grainy wood in furniture, cabinets, etc., but I think I can make an exception when it comes to whitewash wood. I LOVE it!  As I was messing around on Polyvore, I was looking at a bunch of different pieces of whitewash furniture at reasonable prices and this is what I found. 

Lanini Whitewash Accent Table from Lampsplus.com
This is probably my favorite piece of whitewash furniture I found. It's $300 of beautiful! 
 
There is also a matching coffee table that is spectacular!

Lanini Whitewash Coffee Table from Lampsplus.com


The coffee table featured in my polyvore collage is from ONEKINGSLANE.com and costs $1,599. A little bit more pricey compared to the coffee table from Lampsplus.com, but it is BEAUTIFUL!


I think one of the reasons I don't like natural wood usually is because I don't like the dark feel to it. I love light and airy spaces. That might also be why I don't mind whitewash wood. It is a natural grainy wood with lighter features so it doesn't darken a room the way a cherry or oak wood would. 

To pair with the light look of whitewash wood furniture, I would pair a white couch. Something more traditional and less square and edgy. I found this sofa from Kathykuohome.com

Seda Denim White Cotton Costal Style Feather Down Slipcover Sofa fom kathykuohome.com



I would add some accent pillows and a throw  like the ones I found on Zincdecor.com, Esty.com and Potterybarn.com.

Elegant Gold White Trellis Lumbar Pillow from Esty.com

Caicos Starfish Embroidered Pillow Cover from Potterybarn.com


Sunbrella Devin Ikat Indoor/Outdoor Pillow from Potterybarn.com

Surya Tilda Salmon Throw Blanket from Zincdecor.com


Ideally I would have hardwood floors in the living room, but nothing too dark. Since I would have whitewash furniture in the room already I wouldn't want to have whitewash hardwood floors. Instead, I would go for something a little darker {not too dark} to compliment the white sofa and whitewash coffee table and end table. 




Adding a rug to soften all of the wood in the room but nothing too bright or flashy. 

Dash & Albert Trimaran Stripe Platinum Ivory Indoor Rug from Zincdecor.com {prices would vary depending on rug size} 
 

I would add some color with the window treatments 

Sonali Cutwork Curtain from Pier1.com

The final touches I would add would be some colorful floral arrangements. Now I say colorful, but I don't mean 'bold colorful' I mean something colorful but subtle so it doesn't clash with the pastel and light colors of the rest of the room.  

The flowers found on my polyvore post are just examples. The floral arrangement from Ethan Allen is a little pricey for me {$379!!!} but you could easily find something similar and just as beautiful that is much cheaper. 

White Hydrangea Water Garden from Ethanallen.com

Bougainvillea Pink Hydrangea from Ruelala.com


That pretty much sums up my Beautiful, Light & Airy, Pink & Blue Whitewash Living Room. To check out this {and all of my room inspirational ideas} posted on Polyvore visit my Polyvore Page http://lcterry.polyvore.com 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts