Bedroom Makeover Updates

7:08 PM


With only a month left in my Afton Townhouse, I'm finally getting around to the final touches of my bedroom makeover. Hope you enjoy!

I debated for a long time whether or not to paint my bedroom in my townhouse since it was a rental. My struggle: Was it worth it? I would be moving out in about 4 months {at the time} and I just couldn't decide. Until, I realized the awful color that was on the walls when I moved in was making me miserable so I just went for it! I had painted the living room in my Mom's house Behr Billowy Down and fell in love with it, so that was the color I chose to paint my bedroom!






Take a look at the before and after photos:




Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Another debate I was having, was whether or not to paint the trim in the room. It was painted the same color as the walls when I moved in and next to the freshly painted Behr Billowy Down walls, it looked hideous. I decided to paint the doors and the trim around the windows and not the baseboards for fear I would ruin the hardwoods in the rental, and it made a world of a difference!
Picture
Picture
2 Room Essentials Off White Pillows I got for $11.99 each at Target. I wasn't able to find them on the website anymore {probably since they were clearance} 
Picture
I picked up the lamp shade from Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart for about $15. They no longer carry that specific lamp shade, but you can check out similar styles here and hereI got the lamp base I got from Jake's mom. She had two of them sitting in her basement and they were going unused with no potential home in sight, so I asked if I could have them and she gave them to me! You can find similar styles from Walmart here and here.



Picture
Then there is the entertainment center/ tv stand I made using unfinished wood crates from JoAnn Fabrics. I spray painted them white and black to give contrast. It's great for storage and decor.
Picture
Picture
Another touch that I added was the wrought iron bed. It had been tossed from bedroom to bedroom throughout the years and ended up in the garage unused. It needed some touch ups since it had been beat up quite a bit so I decided to spray paint it black.
Picture
Above my bed I added 6 gold frame mirrors from the The Dollar Tree.
Picture
The rug is from Home Goods.
There's a lot more to be done, but so far I am pleased with where my room is at.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts