The Many Phases of My Bedroom Dresser

10:16 PM

My bedroom dresser has seen A LOT of paint. Up until now I just wasn't satisfied with the color of it {and I'm still not sure I'm satisfied}. Here's a look back at my dresser then and now.


Phase 1:


In phase 1, I thought it would be a great idea to paint my dresser black and have blue accents in the drawers and on the handles. I painted the frame of the dresser Behr, Beluga and the inside of the drawers Behr, Aqua Spray. Not that it looked bad, but it was an awful choice for my room and decor desires. 

Phase2:



It only took about a month before I realized that having my dresser painted such dark colors in my tiny tiny bedroom was a terrible idea. I decided to go the complete opposite and painted the dresser bright white and accented it with "nickle" hardware.


Phase 3: 


I was completely satisfied with the white dresser, but decided it would be fun to spice things up a bit by painting the drawers white with black damask pattern on it. It really added a little something fun and special to it.
Phase 4:


On a whim I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit by giving the dresser a little contrast, painting the drawers a gray white color, but keep the base of the dresser the white I had painted it before. I used Behr Reflecting Pool on the drawers. I kept the original hardware {well, the hardware color from when I spray painted them brushed nickel during phase 2}

Right now, I am content with the status of my dresser. I do however, have a few ideas from Pinterest inspiration that I might try out either on this dresser or on another dresser of mine that needs updating. I'll keep you posted on any updates, since I'm sure there will be plenty soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

recent posts